Sunday, December 8, 2013

This makes me FEEL ALIVE


The Kale Kolada is one of the few things that gives me a giddy, optimisitc, and energetic feeling after I have it.   (I don't do drugs, smoke cigarettes, or drink alcohol, caffeine, or soda... not that I have anything against those things, I just have no desire to consume them).  The first few times I had it, I wondered if there was some vital nutrient in it that I've been missing my whole life.  I try to have one every weekend, and  I wonder what my life would be like if I had one every day.  The ingredients are:
  • kale
  • spinach
  • banana
  • young coconut
  • Served in the coconut shell
I think it is the fresh, young coconut that must give it that extra "oomph!" because I eat kale, spinach, and banana all the time.  Oh, I also love drinking it out of the coconut shell because I feel so glamorous for having an exotic drink.  There is usually a little extra that doesn't fit back in the shell after they blend everything together, so they put it aside in a small paper cup for you to drink separately, and if you want they will pour the whole thing into a normal looking plastic to-go cup.  Here's the guy today making my Kale Kolada:


They have all kinds of other prepared raw, vegan foods and juices as well- here's a shot of their cooler:


Definitely a place to check out if you are in one of their many neighborhoods!

Juice Generation 
Multiple locations in NY

No comments:

Post a Comment