Thursday, December 5, 2013

Late NIght Snack



After dinner last night, I was still feeling munchy, and I wanted something a little sweet but not too sugary (I don't like the way I feel after eating sugar).

My home is practically empty of food because we usually eat out (again, living in NY!) but I scoured the cabinets and the fridge and found two items that go together REALLY well! First, Biscoff Spread is amazing, because it's basically cookie butter. It tastes like Delta cookies in spreadable form!  I don't know how they do it, but it is vegan (it specifically says so on the label).

So I'll admit, even though I've eaten it straight out of the jar with a spoon (and I've even double dipped! Whatever, my husband are grown ups we can do whatever we want in our own home), it is EVEN BETTER when spread on Trader Joe's Crunchy Peanut Butter Granola Bars! The granola bars contain honey, so they aren't vegan by everyone's standards, but folks who are OK with honey should try them out!

The two together are really great, my husband ate one and I ate the other and we both agreed they are brilliant together.

Those granola bars are super cheap - I think they are $1.99 for 6 packs, and each pack has 2 granola bars in it.  Best deal I've ever seen for granola bars!


No comments:

Post a Comment