Sunday, December 22, 2013

Made in Jamaica! Naniki Naturals

My first night here in Jamaica, I was bitten by mosquitos 20+ times (yes, I counted) on my legs and ankles!  And those bites were ITCHY, so I scratched them, so they became red and swollen welts that drove me crazy almost whole trip.

On Tuesday my husband and I were checking out the spa (we ended up getting a great couples massage!) at our third hotel, the Jamiaca Inn.  As the receptionist was giving us a tour of the facilities, she noticed my bites because I had been scratching at them like crazy that morning and she recommended an ointment that they sell.  I was so desperate, I said, "Yes! I'll take one of those ointments!" before I even knew what it was or how much it cost.  (Earlier in the day, the hotel's General Manager introduced himself and said, "Let me know if there is anything I can do for you." and I thought about asking him for something for my bug bites but instead I just smiled and said, "Thank you.")  Anyway, I bought the ointment that they had, Naniki Naturals Hemp Herbal Healing Ointment, and it REALLY WORKED!  My bites went from large, inflamed bites into small pinpoints right away! (The soothing effect of the massage may have helped as well.)  Anyway, I really love the ointment so I ended up dabbing it on my scrapes, my cuticles, and some mild sunburn, and it's been great everywhere I put it.  I considered buying a second jar to hoard in the fridge at home, but the receptionist mentioned that a jar lasts a really long time (it's true, a little goes a long way, I barely made a dent in it and I was putting it all over my body).

So I was in love with this ointment, even carrying it in my purse so I could dab it on any new bites as they appeared.  Later on, I noticed that the hotel amenities are also made by Naniki Naturals!  I love that they call out that there are no animal ingredients and it is not animal testing right on the label, even on the tiny 2 oz hotel size bottles!  I love the Natural Hand and Body Lotion, It has a wonderful light feel which was perfect for the Jamaican climate, and it has a faint ginger aroma that makes me think of Jamaica every time I use it.

I haven't used the Conditioning Shampoo yet because I really wasn't washing my hair that often (I love the way my hair looks air-dried with saltwater on it!) but now that I'm home I will give it a try.  Actually, let's be honest, I don't wash my hair that often even when I'm home.  I probably wash it ~2X a week, maybe 3X a week in the summer.  So it might be a while before you get a review on that, especially since I have a ton of shampoos at home already.

No comments:

Post a Comment