Wednesday, December 4, 2013

"Morning" Smoothie


OK, it might have been past noon when I made this, so you can also call it afternoon snack smoothie.
  • Peel one one small banana and place it in the cup you'll be drinking out of (I used a 12 oz cup)
  • Fill the rest of the cup with Silk - Pure Almond Unsweetened "Original" Almond Milk
  • Empty your cup with the Almond Milk and banana into your blender
  • Add 4 heaping teaspoons of TJ's Organic Help Protein Powder to the blender
  • Cover and blend for a few seconds.
My friend who is very skeptical about health food tasted it and said it was better than he expected!  The shake was thick, sweet, and chocolate! There was some slight grittiness from the hemp seed powder at the bottom, but I think blending it on high a little more would have reduced the grittines.



Delicious and really filling! I found that I have a lot of energy on days I drink this.  Crazy things I learned by reading the almond milk carton:  it has only 30 calories per serving(!) and has 50% more calcium than dairy milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment