Tuesday, February 11, 2014

I'm on Foursquare, Eating Vegan Ice Cream!


I'm telling you because I'm going to start checking in at all my fave places and leaving tips about the all the vegan friendly things to enjoy!  For example, last night we (my husband and I) were walking home from meditation class (when I was meditating, thoughts kept creeping in about how I need to update this blog!) and I had always looked in the window across the street at Van Leeuwen Artisan Ice Cream and thought how warm and cozy it looks in there, and on the window there was a big poster for vegan ice cream!  It was below freezing outside, but for some perverse reason that makes me really want ice cream (and hot tea).  My husband is super easy to convince we should eat anything sweet, so we went in even though I don't like to eat too late at night.  Look at all these flavors!!!!


The cashier said that their vegan ice cream is cashew-nut based, along with some other nut-milks.  Amazing!  The texture and the flavor were both fantastic.  I consider non-dairy ice cream a completely solved problem- My husband is lactose intolerant, but looooves ice cream (I don't mind the his farts, but I think it makes him uncomfortable) so vegan ice cream it is!  Between this and the coconut sorbet, I feel totally fine never eating dairy ice cream again.

So if you're on foursquare, look for me, my screen name is....  Wannabegan!


No comments:

Post a Comment