Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Today is World Spay Day!

Every
10 SECONDS
A CAT OR DOG IS
PUT DOWN IN
A U.S. SHELTER

What?!?? Every 10 seconds?  Too sad!  Have you ever been to an animal shelter? They make me sad because can't possibly take them ALL home with me!  This is the TWENTIETH anniversary of world spay day.  My little friend is spayed, and I'm so glad I did it.  Before I adopted her, they guy who had her made her pump out THREE litters of puppies, before the age of two and a half.  What kind of life is that?!  Anyway, she doesn't have to worry about getting knocked up anymore, because she is spayed!  Now she can just enjoy the rest of her life.

My parents' dog was adopted from a guy who didn't neuter the dog for a long time - and up until then a lot of other dogs would react really aggressively to him once they realized he wasn't neutered.  Once he got neutered, other dogs liked him better so from a behavioral standpoint alone, it was totally worth it.

More info about why all pets should be spayed or neutered here: http://www.humanesociety.org/news/magazines/2014/03-04/world-spay-day/infographic.html


No comments:

Post a Comment