Sunday, January 19, 2014

I Scream for Coconut Sorbet!

I KNOW it's winter! But....
1) My husband said that he has a weird perversion where cold weather makes him want to eat ice cream.
2) My husband is lactose intolerant.  He doesn't take those tablets, he just "gets farty for 2 days" when he eats normal ice cream.
3) We've been staying at my mother-in-law's apartment while she's been out of town, and raiding her fridge and freezer.
4) My mother in law is also lactose intolerant, so she avoids dairy completely.  She's a Wannabegan!
So after dinner last night, we were rummaging in her fridge for a treat to enjoy while watching a little TV before bed. In the freezer we found:

Sharon's Sorbet in Coconut, and it is amazing!  First of all, I have to say, it's NOT what I traditionally think of as "sorbet," which in my mind is an icy, frozen scoop of fruit juice.  As soon as I dipped my spoon in the carton (yes, we ate the whole pint) I could tell the texture was smooth and creamy, not icy or hard at all.  There are tiny shreds of coconut in it which gives it a really nice texture in contrast to the smoothness of the sorbet. You already know that I love coconut, so this was divine for me!

My husband is sold and said he has no reason to eat normal dairy ice cream ever again (he's already excited about trying the Dutch Chocolate flavor).  

No comments:

Post a Comment