Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Delta gets a "B"

Just got back from a cross country trip flying Delta, and I have to say, I was somewhat impressed with Delta.  It's not like vegan wonderland in the air or anything, but I definitely felt like they made some effort to accommodate vegans.

First of all, the best thing about Delta is those Biscoff Cookies.  I wrote about the Biscoff spread before, so I assumed the cookies are vegan, and their website confirms, "Does Biscoff contain any animal products? Original Biscoff Cookies and Biscoff Spread are both vegan and do not contain any animal products." (Their "Biscoff with Chocolate is not vegan and contains milk," but they don't serve those on the plane.) I like it when when they come out and say the V-word, vegan, instead of just saying "No eggs or dairy" and then you wonder is there something else I should be concerned about?

In regards to other food available, there was really only one option on their menu of food available for purchase, but I give Delta a lot of credit because their options were clearly labeled (above) which I appreciate. So I bought that one item, Mrs. May's Cran Blueberry Crunch, and it was great!  I meant to have a little, and then save the rest for later but I ended up eating the whole bag in one go.  It's a great snack, and it's nice that it is so travel friendly- had I been able to restrain myself, I could have re-sealed the bag and kept crumbs from getting sprinkled throughout my backpack.  I just emailed the Mrs. May's to ask what other vegan products they offer, because I would definitely try their other snacks!


Update from Mrs. May's: "All our products are vegan besides our Rounds line."

No comments:

Post a Comment