Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Alpha Fusion's New Vegan Dishes

(This post completely lifted from Alpha's mailing list. Support their move toward a vegan menu!)


Why are we serving vegan dishes now after 7 years in business?

I became a vegetarian last September, after a Buddhism retreat to Prince Edwards Island in Canada where our monastery is located.
Since becoming a vegetarian, I have found it hard to eat out as there are not a lot of vegetarian restaurants. So, I started thinking that it would be better if more restaurants served vegetarian dishes for people like me. 
After owning a sushi restaurant for more than 7 years, I didn't really have experience in vegetarian cooking. Fortunately, one of my classmates in the Buddhism class that I take on Mondays is a distributor of vegan food. 

He gave me a bunch of samples to try, and the Alpha Fusion chefs and I experimented. 
After a few tries, we came up with following items:

Alpha New Vegetarian Dishes
(made with soy protein)

New Veg. Appetizer
 
Veg. Boneless Spare Ribs w. BBQ Sauce: $6

 
Grilled Veg. fish steak with honey miso sauce with eggplant & asparagus: $6


Panko Veg. Chicken with chili peanut sauce: $6

New Veg. Entree  LUNCH/DINNER

Veg. Sweet & Sour Pork w. red onion, red pepper, zucchini, sweet peas & pineapple: $8/$12


Veg. Basil Chicken w. red onion, red pepper, zucchini & sweet peas: $8/$12
 
I also believe that vegetarian eating is:
1. good for the environment 
2. good for your health 
3. animal friendly

I look forward to trying these new menu items with you,
Henry Yang

Having a party?
Alpha Fusion offers a variety of platters for any occasion and even provides an on-site sushi chef to enhance any event!
Facebook
Facebook
Instagram
Instagram
Location
365 West 34th Street
(between 8th & 9th avenues)
New York, NY
T: (212) 279-8887

Order online and get $5 off your first order

Hours
M-F: 11 AM - 11 PM
Sat: 5 PM - 11 PM
Sun: 12 PM - 11 PM
Late Night Menu Service for dine-in only
Copyright © 2015 Alpha Fusion, All rights reserved.

Our mailing address is:
365 W. 34th Street, New York, NY 10001
unsubscribe from this list    update subscription preferences 
why did I get this?    unsubscribe from this list    update subscription preferences
Alpha Fusion · 365 West 34th Street · New York, NY 10001 · USA

Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp


No comments:

Post a Comment