Saturday, August 30, 2014

I learned a new word: Zoonotic

I love monkeys! I really do! I also believe that as cute and funny and mesmerizing as they are, they should never be kept as pets. Why? Well, it's bad for people, and it's bad for the monkeys.  One of the many problems is Zoonotic Disease. immy Kimmel explains it here, joking that Joey and Chandler from "Friends" are dead because, "Marcel the monkey bit them and gave them monkey rabies, and they died."



I real life, it's NO JOKE.  The woman who was attacked by a "pet" chimp in 2009 not only had her face and hands mauled off, she contracted an infection from the monkey which caused her to GO BLIND.



You can help prevent horrible accidents like this: Protect Primates and People from Dangerous and Inhumane Trade

No comments:

Post a Comment