Friday, April 18, 2014

East Side Eating

I am firmly rooted on the West Side of Manhattan, but I do occasionally venture across Broadway and spend time on the East Side!  Last weekend, I wanted to check out an exhibit on Museum Mile (Masterpieces & Curiosities: Diane Arbus's Jewish Giant at the Jewish Museum), and of course all the walking around made me hongray so my husband and I wandered around in a totally new neighborhood in search of food.  

Right around the corner was a lovely spot that reminded me of my neighborhood favorite, Juice Generation.  It was called Juice Press!  

Vegetarian / Vegan Restaurant and Juice Bar
1296 Madison Ave. (at 92nd St.), New York, NY 10128

They had similar pre-prepared vegan raw/dishes, and they were delish!  I found everything to be a tad bit pricy, but it's all organic, and according to the cashier, also raw, kosher, and vegan. We followed up our raw falafel and hummus wrap with a juice, I forget which one 

In other East Side dining news, I actually missed the Vegan Meetup at Organic Grill, but there is another NYC Vegan meetup coming up, and it's on the Upper East Side! 
When: Wednesday, May 7, 2014, 7:00 PM
Where: Ayurveda Cafe
706 Amsterdam Ave. (bet. East 94th & 95th Sts.)
New York, NY 10025
For complete information and to RSVP: http://www.meetup.com/nycvegans/events/177101402/
I already RSVPed, hope to see you there! 

No comments:

Post a Comment